Organic fertiliser (the one that we collect from the animals in the field) does not smell good, but it’s just what a plant needs to grow.
Sometimes when we are bombarded with negative words or vibes, we need to, instead of responding in kind, express gratitude to the person responsible for shovelling the fertiliser. I know. I know. Easier said than done, right?
At the moment it may not sound good or feel good, but if we understand what is actually happening, we would turn our corresponding emotions inside-out in anticipation of the glory that shall be revealed in the future. Sometimes the words are hard to hear, especially if they come from loved ones or persons from whom you expect to get compliments. The trick is to see if there is any merit to what they might have said, extract the parts that point to areas that you need to improve and keep it moving towards development and growth.
This kind of response takes time and retraining of the mindset. Usually, when someone, especially a loved one, spews negativity at you, your self-esteem takes a blow. But as I always say, it may be difficult but not impossible to adopt a new and more heart-friendly way of thinking. Yes, negative words take a toll on your heart if you allow them to.
So, here’s what you can do
- Develop a love relationship with yourself
- Be honest with yourself
- Accept who you are (strengths and weaknesses)
- Perpetually examine yourself to see where you need to make changes, and make them
- Be confident in who you are
- Grow a hard shell or impervious feathers
- Do not take everything as a personal afront to who you are
- Deflect and reject anything that does not represent how you think or feel about yourself
- Receive constructive criticism with grace
- Apply grace to those who need it and recognize ignorance
- Make this your mantra and stay in character when someone comes at you or for you without a cause – “Father forgive them for they know not what they do”.
Friends, as I said, this may be a difficult pill to swallow because of how we’ve been trained, but it is not impossible to make the adjustments that will create a more stress-free existence in this stressful world. And do you know what? In the end, the shift that you will make will be worth it because of the harvest you will reap. Fertiliser means growth, not waste.
I would like to know of your progress when you make the shift. DM me or drop a comment here. Please like and share this post.